Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Matt Misses You, Sports: Part 1

Going into my fourth week here on the Hood Canal, I've been fairly out of the loop for the sports world.  Yes, I'm not a big fan of this, but it's one of those things that you just have to live with.  Besides, I'm sure nothing interesting has happened lately.  Here's a few thoughts I've had on what I think has been going on lately:


  • The Mariners finally called up that Dustin Ackley kid.  He should be pretty good eventually, but he'll struggle this year.  He's probably batting about .220 about now and playing shaky defense.  Oh well, we'll have to live with it.
  • The NBA Draft just finished up I do believe, that was probably interesting.  Good thing the NBA has to have worked out their whole labor struggle by now and didn't have that ruining the affair like the NFL did.  By the by, they've shored up their labor agreement by now right?  They're not that stupid.
  • The Women's World Cup: Did Landon Donovan grow his hair out?
  • The Oregon football team sure seems clean-cut for all their success.  What a breath of fresh air to see a group of kids without any baggage winning at a high level.  Kudos to Chip Kelly on being such a high character individual.
  • Shouldn't Shawn Kemp's kids be college age by now?  I mean, shouldn't they be good at basketball?  I hope something comes of that.  A college could recruit all of them and field a team for a couple years, that'd be cool.
  • Hockey free agency.  That's something right?  Word on the street is teams will need a lot of help to get to the salary floor.  Good thing there are such quality free agents as Tomas Fleischmann and Brett Lebda available!

No comments:

Post a Comment