Monday, August 29, 2011

Kelly Jennings is Gone

"Not fair! No jumping!"
As of today, Kelly Jennings, master defender, is no longer a Seattle Seahawk (or really any kind of Seahawk.)  This may not be forever, but we can always dream that it is.  The Seahawks traded the former first round pick; drafted in front of Mathias Kiwanuka, Greg Jennings, and Maurice Jones-Drew, to name a few, to the Cincinnati Bengals today for DT Clinton McDonald, who I am sure is a football player.  That's right, the Seahawks managed to take a low first round pick from a few years back and turn it into a 2009 7th rounder who has played 8 games in his one year.



Now, don't take this as an insult to Pete Carroll.  By most accounts, Carroll is fairly capable and has been solid overall with only a few dumb moves here and there.  This is more a reflection of Tim Ruskell's greatness, managing to pass up multiple Pro Bowl-caliber players in order to take a tiny cornerback who is apparently a pretty nice guy despite attending the University of Miami.  Even with how bad he is, it will be sad to see Jennings go, as the Seahawks now have roughly half a corner on their roster.  Besides, Jennings wasn't all bad.  In honor of his time in Seattle, here is a list of things he could successfully cover:

  • Josh Wilson
  • The Seattle Mariners The Seattle Storm
  • 57 year old Steve Largent
  • An Applebee's 2 for $20 entree (one of them, not both.)
  • Bruce Willis
  • A broken pane of glass
  • Turtles of all kinds

5 comments:

  1. Finally the Seahawks have released my absolute least favorite player ever. They have tortured me for the last five season by making me watching Jennings on the field. I cant think of any positive thing he has done for the Seahawks. All I can remember is him, falling over, running too slow, getting blow by, forgetting to put his hands up and failing. I will not miss him.

    My one big question now is who will rise up to be my new most hated player?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarvaris Jackson and Leroy Hill are solid choices of course, possibly Kam Chancellor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot PC & Schneider...in addition to Houshmandzadeh, Deion Branch, and Sean Locklear, you now also owe me a Kelly Jennings jersey!! I even had custom made Kelly Jennings pajamas, although strangely they were too small and greatly inhibited me from making sudden vertical movements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch dude, you wasted your money on Kelly Jennings PJ's. Everyone knews those were bound to bust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you didn't get Julius Jones pajamas. Everytime I put them on they make me trip.

    ReplyDelete