Sunday, September 25, 2011

People Who Are My Favorite

It has come to my attention that a lot of what I write is fairly negative.  Of course, this is the one thing holding us back as a nationally respected news outlet.  No player wants to hear negativity about themselves, and as such our blog gets held down to avoid hurting anybody's feelings.  This stops today!  As such, I am here to introduce to you a list of players that I love, regardless of sport.  Who knows?  If you're really lucky and ask nicely, maybe I'll even say why I like them.  That way other players can try to emulate them (here's looking at you, the entire National Football League) and also be my favorites.  Even with this exciting undertaking, let's agree that nobody likes Boston.

Manute Bol: I never said they had to be alive! (editor's note: they really should be alive.)  Not only was Bol a somewhat hilariously single-minded player, the man was great off the court, contributing huge amounts to improving his homeland.  Furthermore, the man used to fight off lions when he was nothing but a mere 7'7" sheep herder and coined the term "my bad."

Curtis Granderson: Sure, his stats are ridiculously inflated by playing in a park specifically designed to give him homeruns.  Sure, his defense is pretty average and he can't make much contact.  Even with all that, Granderson (question: why does Blogger say it is spelled wrong here but not above?) is a productive player who is quite hilarious in his blogging (check Yahoo! Sports) and wears his socks so high as to be completely adorable.

Evander Kane: He knocked out Matt Cooke with one punch as a 19 year old.  That is all that matters.

Mauro Rosales: My brother and I attended the first Sounders home game this year.  Rosales came in as a sub and I immediately decided he would be my favorite.  I can only assume that, upon hearing of his newfound burden, Rosales decided he must live up to that title and immediately became an MVP threat despite getting payed the veteran's minimum.  I know how to pick 'em!

Ryan Kesler: Because interview bombing is an art.

Matt Bonner: He created the Coach B Fundamentals of Basketball video, which is hilarious.  He is also the Sandwich Hunter.  Hilarity forever, as well as (strangely) excellent basketball ability.

Cameron Maybin: Being a Padres fan, there is very little happiness nowadays.  Pretty much the entire roster is spare parts, with very little hope for the future beyond Anthony Rizzo and his .125 batting average (hooray!)  Luckily, Maybin makes me believe that somebody in San Diego knows anything about baseball.  The guy got traded for Miguel Cabrera, then everybody stopped caring and the Padres got him for practically nothing.  Now THAT'S awesome.  Admittedly, I rarely get to see him play and haven't heard a peep from him, but he plays great defense (7.5 UZR) and leads the Padres in homers.  In other news, he has nine homers.  Damn Padres.

1 comment:

  1. I am also a big fan of granderson. In addition to what you mentioned he is an active member of MLB charities and a well spoken ambassador for the game around the world. He provides the kind of positive role model kids should look up to in athletes. He does all this well still having fun and playing well.G

    ReplyDelete