Thursday, October 10, 2013

Geno Smith Looks Like I Would, If I had to Play NFL QB

So, I haven't watched a ton of Geno Smith's games as the New York Jets starting quarterback. In fact I have only watch one game, MNF on Oct. 7th. However, as the starting QB for the Jets, Smith had plenty of air time during that game. The camera kept zooming in on him while he walked up to line and while he was under center.

Each time I saw Geno, I noticed something. His facial expressions is one of fear, nervousness or general confusion. I wish I had been at home and paused the live TV, so I could have taken a picture of his face. I searched all over the internet for a picture showing what I am talking about and I couldn't find a picture. You will have to believe me.

Smith's facial expressions were especially noticeable because they were nothing like the stereotypical all business NFL QB expressions. Think Peyton Manning or Drew Brees; Their eyes, and mouth show seriousness and determination. Those QB's are super focused. Smith was probably also focused, he had a pretty good game, but his eyes screamed otherwise.
Artist's Representation

I don't know if this is standard for Geno. Like I said I haven't seen any of his other NFL games. I also never saw him play at West Virgina. I am basing everything off a sample size of one so, I don't know if this is just how he is. Whatever the reason it was definitely weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment