Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Few Tidbits from Around the Web



Wow, it has been a while since I provide a bunch of links to some of my favorite sports related stuff around the web. Rather than keep you all waiting for all these hyper links here they are.
  • The new Mariners commercials are here. My personal favorite is the Nellie's autoglass one.
  • My favorite sports podcast is Hang Up and Listen from Slate. I love to listen while I am walking the dog. The guys do a great job proving smart people who aren't stats nerds can love sports.
  • I have often wondered why NBA players get so much rest between games. I was ignorant about the physical toll on the body that basketball can have. This ESPN The Magazine article shed light on the grueling toll it takes on the body.
  • On May 4th Nelson Cruz hit a monster of a home run against the Oakland Athletics. According to ESPN it only went 446 feet, but that number clearly doesn't do this home run justice.
  • The Economist is not known for their sports writing. Their take on Leicester City's unimaginable EPL victory is probably one of the strangest you will read.

No comments:

Post a Comment