Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cooperstown Heritage: Best Thing Ever

"Home run! Or strikeout, I forget which is good."
Recently, I was combing the internet for cheap drugs and underage prostitutes, as I often due, when I came across what may have been the greatest discovery of all time.  Nike, that scrappy, upstart company, has released a new line of shirts called the "Cooperstown Heritage" collection.  The basic design is that of the outline of various baseball stars from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.  Ranging from Randy Johnson to Rollie Fingers, this seems like a fairly straightforward idea.

Of course, Nike has made a small change making this the greatest invention since inventions.  Instead of a simple picture of the player, the shirts feature the outline of the players hair only.  For instance, in the case of Rollie Fingers, the shirt consists of a Brewers cap, long blond hair, and a giant moustache, and nothing else.  The same rings true for the shirts featuring guys like Randy Johnson (mullet supreme), Mike Schimdt (power moustache), and Mr. October himself, complete with hilarious glasses.

Now, if I had a choice, I would currently own every single shirt in this line, with the exception of the Kirby Puckett shirt (which is merely a goatee).  Unfortunately, Nike has already sold out.  Rest assured, as soon as Nike has restocked their online store, I shall once again be complete in my life, free to roam the streets with ridiculous facial hair both on my face and my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment