Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Whole Different Level of Fandom

Has anyone else reached a point yet where every time Russell Wilson throws the ball you just assume something amazing is going to happen? I know I have.

Take this week's Monday Night Football (MNF) game against the New Orleans Saints. During the game Wilson loft a huge ball up and out of the screen while being pursued by about 30 Saints players. In years past I would have assume this was a throw away pass. The QB just trying to get the ball out of bounds, minimize the damage of a failed play and move on to the next down. Instead, yesterday when Wilson threw the pass up, I just instinctively assumed somebody must be open downfield. Prepped myself to cheer before the cameras even showed us the intended receiver. Than BAM, my expectation became reality as pass hit WR Doug Baldwin in stride for about a 60 yard gain.

 I think my current confidence in Wilson became even more apparent when during a red zone trip in the second quarter, Russell again evaded the Saints rush and hucked a pass to his left. Before we could see the intended receiver I just assumed TD, but this time I wasn’t rewarded. Jermaine Kearse dropped what was a beautifully placed throw. I have become so accustom to Wilson always making the play that I was shocked when something actually didn’t go right, even if it wasn’t Wilson’s fault.

This must be what New England Patroits fans feel like. This expectation that things will go your way, have to go your way. Your team is always going to win. As a fan it is an awesome feeling and I am loving every minute of it. However, I do hope that we as a fan base can do a better job of controlling these emotions and not end up becoming like New England fans, who have an entitlement complex that causes everyone else to hate them. I hope that we can ride this high and love every minute of it, but still stay humble just like our amazing quarterback.

Regardless of how the rest of the NFL thinks of us as a fanbase, one thing is for sure though, Russell has changed the way I watch and root during Seahawks game. This new confident edge of your seat experience is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment